I am going to go ahead and call it— I failed the 2018 Challies Challenge by about 40 books. I will, however, complete my goodreads challenge of having read 100 books this year — I am so far away from meeting the Challies challenge because much of what I read didn’t fit a Challies category. Too Much Poetry, inevitably. So this year, I am making my own reading list, which I’ll share with you soon. What are your reading goals for next year ?
This year my husband and I decided to tackle the Challies challenge together; little did we know that we would move (twice)(once to another state), my husband would start a new job and get laid off from said job six months later, and I’d get pregnant with our fifth baby. So we are not doing well on this challenge.
Here’s an update on where we are. Most of the challenge has been accomplished through what I read to the children:
Tier 1 (light)
- a biography: Bonhoeffer by Eric Metaxas (Bryan)
- a book about Christian living: The Hidden Art of Homemaking by Edith Schaeffer (Renee)
- a book published in 2018: Meet the Frugalwoods by Elizabeth Thames Willard (Renee)
- a book by an author who is no longer alive: Perelandra by C.S. Lewis (Bryan)
- a novel: That Hideous Strength by C.S. Lewis (Bryan)
- a book for teens or young adults: Calamity by Brandon…
View original post 1,078 more words